Our basic philosophy is "always to create values beneficial for society and to lead the era, achieving happiness for all the people around NICHIBAN." Accordingly, protecting Personal Information is one of important liabilities we should place a high management priority.
Based on the above recognition, we have established the following policies regarding handling of Personal Information and will continuously endeavor to handle it appropriately.
1. Acquisition, Usage, and Provision of Personal Information
Upon obtaining Personal Information, NICHIBAN will use them only within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose(s) of use which has been specified in advance.
In case of any necessity to use them beyond the purpose(s), NICHIBAN will obtain the consent from the individual who provides his/her Personal Information. Without the consent of the individual, NICHIBAN will not provide Personal Information to any third party, except for following cases:
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is based on laws and regulations
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, or a business operator entrusted in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution affairs concerned
- Cases in which our business operation is entrusted to an outsourcing agent
2. Compliance with Laws and Legislations on Personal Information Protection
3. Management of Personal Information
NICHIBAN shall take necessary and proper safety measures for the prevention of leakage, loss, or damage, and for other security control of the personal data, on the basis of both management system and information and communication technology.
4. Handling of Inquiry by the User
Upon requested by the individual to disclose, to correct, or to delete the applicable personal data, NICHIBAN shall correspond it without delay in accordance with procedures prescribed in our company regulation.
5. Continuous Improvement of Our Approach for Protection of Personal Information
Established: September 29, 2004
Revised: April 1, 2005